My intent was to write up a review of the best WordPress themes for 2012, but after today, I’ll be changing that to the best WordPress theme (as in ONE) for serious players in 2012.
Check out the following video for an insider’s look at what I’d consider to be the top-rated theme for the New Year…
Pretty gnarly, right?
Remember, I happen to love the simple, clean, sharp and perhaps, borderline-OCD look — and that’s why I’ve designed this site as such. But like I showed in the video, the Thesis theme is fully customizable and can take on thousands of different looks with just a few clicks of the mouse.
The fact that it’s a performance-based theme makes it ideal for my Internet business, which revolves purely around search engine optimization (SEO).
I used to have a super elegant theme with an automatic flash-based slider at the top and some jaw-dropping graphics and images.
Did it look cool?
But, was it optimal in terms of being lightweight, fast-loading, mobile-friendly and easy-to-navigate?
Not so much.
It’s important to understand your market and the specific objectives you have for your website. My last WordPress theme was perfect for markets like wedding photography, where it’s ideal to sacrifice some load time and most of the web space ‘above the fold’ to showcase your most remarkable photographs…
… but I decided that for the Internet marketing space, I needed less flare and more execution.
So my selection of Thesis for the top pick of WordPress themes to be used in 2012 (and beyond) may not necessarily be your best choice. However, I do think that many markets, niches and website owners should seriously consider using Thesis to boost site functionality and therefore, overall business in the coming years.
According to the creators, well over 42,000 people are establishing their online presence with Thesis’ “airtight SEO, incredible design flexibility, and lightning-fast loading times.”
That verbiage really caught my attention with me being an SEO geek and all.
Having a WordPress theme that loads quickly and provides the end user with an excellent experience throughout ALL viewing platforms (such as desktops, laptops, iPads, iPhones, smart phones, etc) is critical as we enter 2012, especially with the mobile madness that’s taking the world by storm.
I would be willing to bet that Google will be rewarding sites that have better than average load times and optimized mobile-friendly webpages, by way of improved ranking ability within their search results.
What’s So Great About This 2012 WordPress Theme?
My intention was to keep this post short and sweet. So if you were Googling “best WordPress themes 2012,” here’s a final bullet point summary of why I recommend checking out this theme:
- The numbers speak for themselves — Thesis is easily one of the most popular WordPress themes available, and with such a large user base, the creators have been able to work out all the kinks and continually improve this powerful theme with each successive update.
- A no questions asked 30-day money back guarantee and affordable pricing make investing in this theme as risk-free as possible.
- Going along with my first bullet, if multi-million dollar companies like Krispy Kreme and key players over at team Google (like Matt Cutts) are using Thesis, then it’s probably good enough for nearly any individual or company out there.
- The lightweight, truly efficient framework lends fastest loading times for even the largest of websites or blogs (a key ranking factor in 2012 and beyond).
- One of the few WordPress themes with bullet-proof SEO — after installing Thesis, I ran my site through the W3C markup validation service and only had 1 error (whereas many of my other WordPress sites had as many as 100 errors or more).
- Customizations and design changes galore — I can guarantee you’ve never had a WordPress theme that granted so much control… and all from within a remarkably intuitive interface (translation: you DON’T have to be technical at all to design your website to your liking).
- Premium quality and unparalleled performance makes for a theme that caters to the most important ‘thing’ of all — your website visitors. Just take a look at this post and notice how clean, smooth and easy to read the content is. See how it’s clutter-free and the font and ample white space really break things up nicely, creating for a great user experience?
- Last but not least, one of the main factors that makes Thesis one of (if not THE) best WordPress themes 2012, is their outstanding support. They’ve got an impressive step-by-step video collection that shows you how to easily install and set up the new theme, make customizations and obtain the perfect look. Members only forums are an added bonus and because of the popularity of this theme, you can be sure that someone else has already asked (and had answered) the same questions you might have.
Clearly, I’m a huge fan of this WordPress theme.
But what about the negatives? Are there any?
Honestly, the only con that’s come to my attention is the fact that this theme might be overkill for someone who’s just getting started online. It’s very robust, and although more serious/experienced individuals and businesses greatly benefit from all these options, the casual website newbie may be better off using something more straightforward.
There are lots of other great WordPress themes to help your online presence in 2012 and beyond, but coming from a guy who’s got nearly 40 different websites and blogs… and who’s test driven nearly every free and paid WordPress theme known to man… I can say with complete confidence that this is the BEST theme I’ve ever had the pleasure of owning. Click below to learn more: